2XU’s R series now features Yamamoto’s latest neoprene technology. Together with propriety features including Concave Water Entrapment Zones (CWEZ) on the forearm, Rollbar, Floating Zip Panels and Velocity Strakes, the R:3 is truly world class.
- SCS Coating: Hydrodynamic Silicone Coating
- 39 Cell Front Buoyancy Panel: Max Buoyancy
- Seamless Shoulder + Arm Panel: Enhanced Flexibility
- Velocity Strakes: Hydrodynamic Stability
- Concave Water Entrapment Zone: Enhanced DPS*
- Floating Zip Panel: Extra DPS*
- 520% Stretch Lining: Enhanced Lateral Flexibility
- Rollbar: Improved Core Buoyancy + Body Position
- 16 Sizes: A Specialised, Comfortable Fit
Modern triathlon wetsuits were invented by Dan Empfield in 1987 and are customized to the needs of triathletes, they generally incorporate the following key features which differentiates them from a normal wetsuit. 1, Thinner and/or more pliable rubber near the shoulders. 2, Long zippers to facilitate quick removal during transition. In addition, tri wetsuits have a very smooth, but often fragile, surface. This slick surface helps to reduce water friction and allows a faster swim. Another advantage of a tri wetsuit is the added buoyancy that the wetsuit provides, this can provide triathletes with a considerable speed and energy saving advantage over swimming without a suit.
About the 2XU brand
2XU engineer products with the single minded goal of best equipping the athlete, so they feel more prepared, more lethal, more capable than anyone. With 2XU technology a piece of the finely balanced equation is in place to multiply human performance.
2XU garments use intelligent physiological design, cutting edge performance fabrics and construction, derived from a race bred pedigree. From the elite athlete driving their body to its limits, to the driven business person, and everyone in between, 2XU provide the equipment you need to magnify your natural ability. Every product is designed and re-designed for tangible benefit.